European/African Fusion Jewellery Stories and snippets, Tutorials
Saturday, 13 June 2015
Did you know South Africa like this?
See the wonderful sides of South Africa:
10 Interesting Facts About South Africa You Never Knew
1. Table Mountain in Cape Town has been identified as one of the oldest mountains in the world.
2. Table Mountain itself is noted to have over 1500 different species of plant life which is more than England, Wales, Ireland and Scotland combined.
3. South Africa has the longest stretching wine route in the world.
4. The Palace of the Lost City hotel is the biggest theme resort hotel in the entire world and is the largest building project undertaken in the southern hemisphere.
5. The Karoo area is home to some of the greatest dinosaur fossil remains.
6. South Africa has the most luxurious train in the entire world, called the Rovos Rail.
7. South Africa is home to the highest commercial bungy jump in the world, called Bloukrans Bridge Bungy (216 meters)
8. South Africa is the only manufacturer of the Mercedes Benz C Class right hand drive cars.
9. The only street in the world to house two Nobel Peace prize winners is in Vilakazi Street, Soweto, South Africa. (Nelson Mandela and Archbishop Desmond Tutu)
10. Three of the five fastest land animals in the world live in South Africa: the Cheetah, the Wildebeest, and the Lion.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post Comments (Atom)