Tuesday 27 May 2014

My African jewellery on ww.etsy.com



                                       Hello, dear friends.

As I am getting on in life and have to settle for calmer pursuits, I started to fall back on my crafting days and embarked on a new Africa loving venture.
Taking as my inspiration the vivid colors, the bold patterns and the cheerfulness of the local people, as well as their traditions in making and wearing body adornments, I created a few pieces of "African" jewelry myself. People liked what they saw and I really and to me almost unbelievably got some orders. Being encouraged, I opened my own shop on www.etsy.com and would like you to have the opportunity to view my humble creations on my own blog platform as well.
My link to this shop in, what I call a respected global shopping mall for handcrafted items, the mall of Etsy is:

https:www.etsy.com/shop/africasuncrafts

Some of the products on my 'shelves' I herewith present to you and would really appreciate your feedback in any good old way.




......inspired by vibrant colours and patterns of ZULU tribes


In a short while there will be porcupine quill jewelry in my etsy shop!
Poor thing got under a car at the main road. This picture shows the 1st cleaning in process.



 mother of pearl, amazonite, aventurine, wood, free form wire        
                    wrapping technique, silver plated lizzard.


melted glass work by my sister Silja Horne

Please, my dear friends, be so kind as to share the link to my shop with your friends and families.
https://africasun/shop/etsy.com 
or
https:www.etsy.com/shop/africasuncrafts

Thank you for giving me your time once again,
if you are north of the equator keep cool, otherwise keep nice and warm......
Barbara

               Tanzanian Kikoys available in many sunshine colors
               170 x 90 cm, 100% cotton, hand fringed, multipurpose



3 comments:

  1. Aw, this was a really nice post. In concept I want to put in writing like this moreover – taking time and actual effort to make an excellent article… however what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means appear to get one thing done.
    african maxi skirts for sale

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just searching for this info for some time. After six hours of continuous Googleing, finally I got it in your site. I wonder what's the lack of Google strategy that do not rank this kind of informative websites in top of the list. Usually the top websites are full of garbage.
    afrocentric maxi dresses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever thought about writing an e-book or guest authoring on other blogs? I have a blog centered on the same subjects you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information. I know my viewers would appreciate your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an email.
    african maxi skirts for sale

    ReplyDelete